RX300 Rear Axle Seals Leaking

Greetings,

I drive an 03 Lexus RX300. For the last year, I've had my maintenance done at a local Toyota dealer who I like better than my "local" Lexus dealer (if you can call a 20 mile drive "local").

Recently, another Lexus dealer (a 40 mile drive) whom I had used for routine maintenance before and liked a great deal emailed me regarding a free "headlight kit" to deter theft of the Hi Intensity Blue headlights on the RX300. Since I had had my headlights stolen, I had the kit installed today. But the dealer found several things that needed attention. the tires, the air filters, etc all will be addressed at my 45,000 mile service with Toyota. But they also found that the rear axle seals were leaking. The offered to repair it under warranty but it would have taken over an hour which I didn't have.

It's really a hassle to drive that many miles to the Lexus dealer when the Toyota dealer is a few blocks from where I work. Any Idea as to what the rear axle leakage seal repair would cost if I decided to have my Cuzzins at the local Toyota dealership handle it?

Bob

Reply to
J Golden