Rear Differential

Rear Differentail ratio for a 79 Blazer 4x4 W/ 350
How do you find out what the ratio is for both Differentials?
I need to replace the one on the rear of my blazer 4x4

Also if anyone has one for sale and let me know.
Rear Differentail ratio for a 79 Blazer 4x4 W/ 350 How do you find out what the ratio is for both Differentials? I need to replace the one on the rear of my blazer 4x4
Code Written in the Glovebox Call a gm dealer and with that Code they can tell you.. There use to put a TAG on the Third memmber also
R. J Younger wrote:

if you can read the RPO code in the glove box thats a place to start, also I believe there are some numbers on the rear end housing that may help, you may have to resort to counting gear teeth. 3:42 is a very common ratio for these type trucks.
--
Elbert Clarke
elbert.clarke@**adelphia.net

R. J Younger wrote:

Thats a CASTING NUMBER

Well, Someone here helped me with number. its g80. Now. Do I need to call a dealer to get ratio on that or what?

Sry for all the questions.
But I found this info on net. RPO FY LY DIVISIONAL RPO DESCRIPTION G80 76 88 AXLE,RR LOCKING TYPE
What to look for now?

R. J Younger wrote:

YES
Thanks everyone for the help.