Rear end problem

Heard a slight knock comming from my 10 bolt 4x4 rear end so I took the cover off........oops. Pinion gear has lost a tooth and the tooth fairy did'nt show up but now I need a rear end or at least a gear set. Any one in
southern Ontario have a 373 10 Bolt lying around with 6 bolt axles or a gear set for this thing? Been driving it for 2 weeks with this tick b4 I took it apart , how long do ya think it would last if I baby it? hard to find parts in such short notice ya know.
Thanks Dave.
Heard a slight knock comming from my 10 bolt 4x4 rear end so I took the cover off........oops. Pinion gear has lost a tooth and the tooth fairy did'nt show up but now I need a rear end or at least a gear set. Any one in southern Ontario have a 373 10 Bolt lying around with 6 bolt axles or a gear set for this thing? Been driving it for 2 weeks with this tick b4 I took it apart , how long do ya think it would last if I baby it? hard to find parts in such short notice ya know.
Thanks Dave.
It wont last long like that. I have lost two in my suburban without any noise or sign of problem. I would not reccomend driving because if you drive it til it goes you will probably be buying more than ring and pinion. When she comes apart she can make a mess out of a carrier pretty quick. Good Luck.

. . ============== snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com (dave)
Heard a slight knock comming from my 10 bolt 4x4 rear end so I took the cover off........oops. Pinion gear has lost a tooth and the tooth fairy did'nt show up but now I need a rear end or at least a gear set. Any one in southern Ontario have a 373 10 Bolt lying around with 6 bolt axles or a gear set for this thing? Been driving it for 2 weeks with this tick b4 I took it apart ,
how long do ya think it would last if I baby it?
hard to find parts in such short notice ya know. Thanks Dave. ================ 2 weeks.
yer welcome, MarshMonster ~:~
Had one replaced in my 1979 $825.00 But I didn't have to lift a finger. It is like a light bulb, if you baby it, it could last 10 sec. or 10 years. I would guess closer to the 10 sec. mark. Plus you can cause more damage. Get it fixed! It is a pane when you have to push them.
a slight knock comming from my 10 bolt 4x4 rear end so I took the<BR>cover off........oops. Pinion gear has lost a tooth and the tooth fairy<BR>did'nt show up but now I need a rear end or at least a gear set. Any one in<BR>southern Ontario have a 373 10 Bolt lying around with 6 bolt axles or a gear<BR>set for this thing? Been driving it for 2 weeks with this tick b4 I took it<BR>apart , how long do ya think it would last if I baby it? hard to find parts<BR>in such short notice ya know.<BR><BR>Thanks Dave.<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=