rear end 4X4

can a rear end out of a 87 truck be fix or do I need to keep trying to find a used one? the rear end started to locking down when letting off the gas. can anyone help?

Reply to
Paul

happened to me in my 4runner and the easiest way was another rear end brutal work by yourself but it didnt take long mine was caused by a bad pinion or bearing

Reply to
PCK

"" wrote: > can a rear end out of a 87 truck be fix or do I need to keep > trying to find > a used one? the rear end started to locking down when letting > off the gas. > can anyone help?

Yeah, it can be fixed. but if your not familar with working on cars it will be a headache. what it sounds like is the gears are slipping and/or binding. I am guessing that this has alot of miles on it, but still the rear diff is prob leaking. if this is the case, you can take it apart and replace the seals and gears, and it should work again.

Reply to
xmirage2kx

Reply to
Bill Chaplin