Replace heater core in 99 S10 Blazer ?

OK, I cant put it off any more. Last weekend, I had to bypass the badly leaking heater core in my 1999 S-10 Blazer. Of course, then the cold front rolled in. How bad a job is it to replace the core in this vehicle ? I'm
pretty sure the dash has to come out for access to anything. Are there any shortcuts or tricks to make this job less of a bitch ? Someone said I may have to open the freon lines to do the job. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
Jim
Try autozone.com/repairinfo, tough job, though.

-