s10 heater core blues

1989 S10 small engine pickup (rusting away but still running ( rear bumper is now tied on with wire; just drilled some holes)) Heater core went (all over Jayne's shoes ); I've gotten all the bolts out of the cowling I can SEE, but the damn thing will not move. It looks like I have to take the dash out ????

If I want to give up and bypass it which hoses do I route ?

Reply to
barret bonden

Pete

Reply to
None4U

Might be able to get it from under the hood. That's how I changed the core on my Dodge van, after I broke it. The two hoses feeding your heater core are about 1 inch diameter, and they atach just front of the passenger seat. Under the hood.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I vaguely remember there being a small screw just between the two protruding pipes (Or just above) on the firewall side. (Phillips. I think).

Reply to
bilz2765

7mm...jp
Reply to
blazerman

you did take the two tin straps that hold it in place CLEAR out of the way? Right? jp

Reply to
blazerman

by the way-you shouldn't have to pull the dash-got a manual-Chilton, Haynes, GM? Should provide allittle help- good luck. jp

Reply to
blazerman

Did it; easy - and worked all winter (just wore warmer coats) (the two hoses have different sizes ! That was the only PITA; had to clamp down hard on one)

Reply to
barret bonden