resetting change oil light

How do I reset the change engine oil light on a 2000 Montana?

Consult the owners manual and follow the directions.
Ron
It dont have an owners manual, and I've tried hitting the gas peddal and turning the key off and on, nothing works, I think I 'll just call and ask the dealer in the morning.

abomb69 wrote:

I don't have? You mean it doesn't have :)
Turn the key on but not start. Push the gas pedal all the way to the floor and release 4 times in 5 seconds.
I've heard push three times in 5 seconds, 5 times in 5 seconds, now 4 times, must be different for every vehicle.

I have a 99 GMC p/u and i push the gas 3 times and it works everytime. Good Luck to you.

abomb69 wrote:

The owners manuals for both of ours say 4 times. If you don't have an owners manual there is a web site called my gm link where you can register and download it.
I tried that and it keeps giving me an error saying "we cannot process your request at this time" It wont even let me register.

I don't know for sure...but often when that happens, you need to enable cookies or put it in explorer's "trusted sites" list.
skimmer
My wife drives a 04 Montana. To reset hers you simply turn the key on but dont start. Push the trip odometer button until you get the oil life showing and then hold down the trip odom button until the oil life monitor is reset.