Reset Oil Change Light

Hi All,

Just purchased a used 2003 Chevy Impala LS and I change my own oil and I would like to know how to reset the oil change light that comes on.

Thanks in advance for any help provided John

Reply to
John

Hi, Check your owners manual, it'll tell you to hold the function change button in the dash which will reset it. Same button you use to reset the trip odometer.

Steve

Reply to
Me

However, on some cars, you have to push that button and hold it for 5-10 seconds before the reset happens. You can see this going on if the car has a Driver Information Center (DIC).

---Bob Gross---

Reply to
Robertwgross

Look it up in the owner's manual. It should be in there. I don't have that model of car to check, but other models have it in the book.

** To email a reply, please remove everything up to and including the underscore in my email reply header.
Reply to
SgtSilicon

Thanks for all the advice. I had read my owners manual and did not find it before I sent the first post. After everyone said it was in there I looked again and finally found it. The manual said I could use the radio or pump the gas pedal 3 times in less then 5 seconds with the ignition on, but the car not running. I did the gas pedal way as it was much quicker and it worked.

Thanks again John

Reply to
John

Reply to