Sand found in transmission and motor

My chevy 92 360 straight stick, was having problems, I dropped it by a shop and they tell me the motor had about a handful of sand and the tranny had three handfuls. I am trying to compute who got me. The shop mechanic would not even guess how long the sand had been in. Anyone else have a good guess? kind regards david

Reply to
flex55

i confess... you got me. i did it. sorry

Reply to
Larry

Ummm, some one you pissed off, ex-coworker, ex-girlfriend, ex-lover (if you go that way) or ex-wife. As to how long it's been in there, lets start with for as long as it took to have started causing you problems.

Now seriously guy, how is anyone in here going to know who did this to you or when?

Reply to
azwiley1

Seems to me that the engine would be easier to load with sand than the tranny, wouldn't ya think?

Reply to
The Nolalu Barn Owl