Found in truck

I found a black metal tool under the back seat of my truck. It is 1 inch wide 9.25 inches long and about 1/4 inch thick heavy steel. On one end is a

1/2 inch socket adapter with ball, and on the other is a torx-drive hole slightly smaller. What the heck is this for? Does it go to my F350?

Truck didn't come with owner's manual... shop manual is on order.

Thanks, Dan

Reply to
Dan Berry

serpentine belt tensioner tool ?

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

That's what it sounds like to me too... Later... Grant Speed Kills...Drive a Honda, live forever...

Reply to
Forcefan83

Could be crank/handle for jack. Or previous owner left it...

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

I think it is the tool that lowers the spare tire from its storage position. Look by your rear license plate for a hole in the bumper. There should be a Torx socket in the hole.

On mine, (2000 F250) the torx tool attaches to the jack handle for better leverage.

--Keith F.

Reply to
Keith

Let me guess. Local Clown?