self -diagnosis

I read that the ground wire is supposed to be in terminal A, But I also read that it should be green. The wire in terminal A of my DLC is not green. What do I do?

Reply to
saucytony

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 15:17:16 -0400, "saucytony" wrote in :

From your previous posts it sounds like your tranny is fried. Only a shop is going to be able to tell you exactly what's wrong. What you do is call a tow truck and have it taken to a reputable tranny doctor for a rebuild. And don't be shocked if they tell you the radiator was the cause.

Reply to
Frank Gilliland

I know nothing lol. Pls explain.

Reply to
saucytony

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 17:15:27 -0400, "saucytony" wrote in :

The problem starts when you shift your transmission into reverse or lower gear. The way it behaves afterwards is similar to what happens when your transmission goes bad. I'm assuming the engine runs fine but the truck just doesn't move, right? The problem is the transmission. If it were anything else you would have heard loud, scary noises and found parts laying on the ground.

You also mentioned that your tranny fluid is high. The tranny fluid is cooled by a line inside the radiator. That line can sometimes break. When it breaks it can leak antifreeze into the transmission line where it will do major damage similar to what you describe. It will also make the tranny fluid look like it is overfilled because antifreeze is being added to it. But you don't see the antifreeze because it sinks to the bottom of the transmission (oil floats on top of water).

I would be willing to bet that if you take off your radiator cap (when it's cool) you will see that you are low on antifreeze. The antifreeze has leaked into the transmission. The antifreeze may also be a funky color or just looks 'dirty'. That's from tranny fluid contaminating the antifreeze (it will leak both ways).

When antifreeze leaks into the transmission the damage can only be fixed by rebuilding the transmission. You will also need to replace your radiator.

Even if I am wrong about the radiator leak being the cause, the tranny is still toast, and the only way you are going to get it back on the road is by towing it to a shop and getting the tranny rebuilt.

Reply to
Frank Gilliland

Talk about hitting the nail on the head. Is it 100% that I'll have to replace the rad? Oh and thanks for the knowledge.

Reply to
saucytony

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 20:23:00 -0400, "saucytony" wrote in :

Let the tranny shop confirm and replace whatever is necessary.

Reply to
Frank Gilliland

Agreed!

Reply to