66 mustang ground wire?

Hood up, looking at the fire wall of my 66, there appears to be a grounding wire attached to the fire wall, approx. two inches to the right of the blower motor. The wire is seven or eight inches long. Does anyone know what the other end attaches to? Perhaps an exhaust manifold bolt?

Reply to
Amanjyaku

I use an intake bolt. I don't know what the concours attaching point is. Functionally, it doesn't matter, just so long as the block is grounded to the chassis.

180 Out
Reply to
one80out

As I recall it's either to a manifold bolt on a V8 or the dipstick tube nut with an automatic. Depends on the diameter of the hole in the end of the grounding strap/wire.

Reply to
Mark C.