size of ring gear

I went into O'Reilly's to get a front pinion seal. He asked me what size ring gear I had. Eight and a half or nine and a half inch ring? How would I find this out? My truck is a 99 Z71. It has a 5.3 engine with a 4L60E
automatic. The gear ratio is 4.10. I didn't know they made 2 different ring gears and I don't have a clue where to begin looking. TIA
count the bolts on the cover... 10 bolts is an 8.5", 14 bolts w/ a roundish cover is the 9.5".
there are actually 5 different rearends used, 10 bolt, sm. 14bolt(9.5"), reg 14 bolt (10.5"), big 14 bolt (11.5") and the dana 60.
-Bret

would

http://www.drivetrain.com/GMtrkratio_posidata.html Must be sunday this is the sight
the 11.5" is used in the 2500HD. -Bret