skid plates

how easy is it to install skid plates under a truck, like the ones that come on the z71 package. truck is a 04 gmc seirra extended cab 4x4. also what is the cost of the plates, any ideas?
thanks and happy holidays to you all

Don't know what they cost but they just bolt on to the frame and cross member. You could make them your self probably cheaper than they cost. Just use some 1/4" steel plate and heat with a torch and beat it with a hammer where you want to curve it.
Brian
thanks brian i may do that too
I think on my 92 it was under a $100 for the two skid plates, a required bracket and assorted bolts.
On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:00:04 -0500, red_z snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Charles H.) wrote:

--
elbert.clarke@**us.army.mil
remove the ** to email