Steering thump

Has anyone experienced a slapping thump coming up the steering column to the wheel? Have a 03 Z71 silverado and recently has started this annoying problem. Feels worse around curves.

My 03 Silverado SS had this, just got it fixed a couple weeks ago. The problem is the steering shaft. Almost every full size Silverado has this problem, call your dealer and they will order a new steering shaft. My SS only had 1,200 miles on it when it started. I've seen over Silverados with as much as 30,000 miles before needing replaced.

Yep, just got mine fixed last week. It was the steering shaft, 17000 miles