Suburban 4WD ... Pre 2000 vs 2000 and after

Well, after owning my 1988 Suburban for 12 years, I am thinking about retiring it and get another Suburban 4WD.
I would like some opinions from someone that actually owned or drove the 99s
and 00s.
Is there a BIG difference on fit and finished and ride quality?
Thanks Kenny
I bought a 1999 new and have nothing but satisfaction with it. old john 96000 miles of hunting and traveling with it.

Per Ken:

I wonder if there are diffs depending on where the vehicle was assembled.
My '98 was put together in Mexico and (suppressing the urge to rant...) to say the least, I am unimpressed with the build quality.
--
PeteCresswell

My 99 Suburban was a piece of crap. It was always at the dealer, who did a good job of fixing stuff things as they came up, but then other things were always breaking on it. The last straw was I needed all 5 door lock actuators (over 800.00) I said no thanks, I'm done. Maybe the poor quality that I experienced was not the norm, but I'm happy to be rid of mine. Don't know anything about the 2000 or newer trucks. . YMMV,
Chuck

Ken wrote:

Kenny:
I believe the new body style Silverado's came out as mid 99 and early 2000 model units..... Due to early GM running Production changes, I'd pass on a 99 model year unit. I own a March built 00 Silverado Ext Cab LT 4x4.. Great truck with a few known GM glitch updates......
I believe the new body style Tahoes/Suburbans came out as mid year 2000 models. These trucks would have a whole lot less running changes since GM 'learned' from the 99 Silverado 4x2/ 4x4 production units.
I'd think you are looking at a "New body 00/01 Suburban" with the nice thick front brake rotors...