Toyota Hiace(2000 model) Vs Kia Pregio(2006)

Hi guys, I am into buying a diesel van soon, but I am wondering btw used Toyota Hiace(2000 model) and brand new Kia Pregio. I have a tight budget. Is the used Hiace( 2000 model) mechanically sound as the new Pregio? I know Pregio has larger diesel engine but it produces far less power and torque than Hiace. Which one is more fuel economy? Which engine is more durable? Which one will run for another 20 years without major problems, Hiace(2000 model) or Pregio(2006 model)?

Reply to
Peter_guy

What country are you in?

Reply to
Charles Pisano

KIA's suck. I worked for a dealer that sold both. From what I have seen, and from personal preference, I would take a 6 year old Toyota over a Brand New KIA any day!

We (the Toyota dealer) supplied parts to both the Toyota side and the KIA showroom down the street. We moved an awful lot of KIA heads through the parts dept! And we're talking cars

Reply to
Hachiroku

Thanks for the advice. I am from Malaysia. But one thing I am worrying of is whether a few years old Toyota will emit more carbon oxide than the usual (legal) emission rate?

Reply to
Peter_guy

I can't speak for Toyotas sold in Malaysia, but here in the U.S., Toyotas that are a few years old have not problem complying with the legal emissions requirements. By the way, I believe you are referring to carbon monoxide or carbon dioxide.

Reply to
Ray O