2000 S10 4wd

A guy I know has a 2000 S10 Blazer with 4wd problems and I thought help could be found here. The trans. case motor will not shift because the brake is on and will not come off. He has replaced the tranfer case motor,dash switch, and module. The only way it will release is to stick a pin in the brake wire and ground it then it will release. Thanks for any help to steer him in the right direction. Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Jones

"Wayne Jones" wrote

Unfortunately, your description of the problem doesn't make sense to me. What "brake" is on?

That's pretty expensive parts changing he's done. Is there any codes? Does he know how to pull codes? Is the t/case the standard 233 or the automatic 236?

One thing that he might try just for the fun of it. Find the fuse panel on the left side of dash (you open the drivers door to access it), remove the 10 amp CTSY fuse, (key off), wait 120 seconds, re-install the fuse, then cycle the ignition key on and off 5 times. Then see if it will shift.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

The brake inside the motor that shifts 2hi 4hilo.on the transfer case. No codes. The guy who owns this blazer works on heavy equipment and the one that's helping him is an older Mr. goodwrench and everytime they think they got it they don't. I think it's close to 1,000.00 now. Thanks, Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Jones