no power on 92 suburban

I was having starter problems on my 92 suburban. When I tried to start it, it would not turn over at all. I held the key in the start position for about 3 seconds, and then there was absolutely no power to anything that runs off the key...windows, heater and a/c controls, etc. I can't find any burnt fuses. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
92Burb-guy

no power on 92 suburban Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Sun, May 29, 2005, 5:26pm (CDT-2) From: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (92Burb-guy) I was having starter problems on my 92 suburban. When I tried to start it, it would not turn over at all. I held the key in the start position for about 3 seconds, and then there was absolutely no power to anything that runs off the key...windows, heater and a/c controls, etc. =A0=A0I can't find any burnt fuses. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Back probe our ignition switch....If you have poer going in and none coming out then the switch is bad...If you have no B+ going to your switch need to find the open in the circuit... S Cook

Reply to
Steve Cook

I have the same problem in my 97 chevy pickup. When you find out what is wrong with yours. Please let me know. thank you

Reply to
gnt

Here is what happened. I had a loose wire on the starter( this caused my starter problem). When I tried to start it that last time, the wires got hot. It burned a fusible link that is connected into the power block on the firewall. After finding the burned fusible link, I replaced it and tightened my the loose connection on the starter. Everything works great now.

Reply to
92Burb-guy