Tapping noise from dash

Hi all, I have a 2000 4.8 L manual trans 4x4 Chevy truck. When I accelerate heavily "most noticeable in fourth gear" I hear a slight ticking noise that almost sounds like an exhaust leak, but sounds like it is coming from the instrument cluster area. Could this be a speedo or tach clicking I'm hearing? Any other ideas or solutions would be great.

Thx

Matt

Reply to
Matt