Tapping noise

97 explorer ohc V6, 130k miles.

I am getting a tapping noise coming from the engine, it's frequency increases with engine rpm. It goes away after a few miles of driving(sounds like it's getting oil). Sometimes, it doesn't do it at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeffrey Scholen

As far as I have read all over the place, the Explorers with the 4L engine have a slight engine knocking. I have heard that it is the rockers

-- Checkout

driving(sounds

Reply to
<admin