tires and wheels

spanky wrote in news:tN1vf.1692$Dh.1107@dukeread04:

Well I have my work truck stock 2500 HD 2wd with 31x10.50

Bogger

bogger

Std size tire for the stock 04 K2500 was 245/75R16. I have seen alot of people take there trucks immediately to the tire shop and trade in the factory tires for a bigger 265/75R16, cause they thought the 245's looked like saw blades on the truck.. LOL Pk

Reply to
pkurtz2

From what the group has posted for me before,is you will need to get bigger wheels,for the bigger tires. I would love to replace the saw blades,but new wheels are out of the question.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

You only need new wheels if you go with something like a 305/70R16 size of tire. If you keep it in the 245-285 range you wont need new rims, but you will have to watch clearances under the fenderwells to make sure you dont rub during tight turns...

Reply to
pkurtz2

Does anyone know what is the biggest size tire and wheel combo for a stock 2004 1500 std cab 4x4 not lifted.

Reply to
spanky