what tire size?

I have an 86 Mustang and im gonna get some 10hole rims from my friend there

15" what tire size do you think would look well with the rims.
Reply to
John Wiebalk

My friend recommended going with the stock 225/60/R15 now what would be a good brand/model to go wtih?

Reply to
John Wiebalk
15" tire sizes seem to be getting limited of late. It is difficult to find any thing that will work with a mustang other than stock size 225x60x15.
Reply to
Joe Cilinceon

I'm using 235/60R15 in the rear and 215/65R15 in front on my 91 LX cab. Cooper Cobra's. Works ok for me. :)

Regards

Tomas Krisitansen Owner of the only 1991 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 Cab in Norway

Reply to
Tomas Kristiansen

This...

WindsorFox[SS]

Stay with the stock 225/60R15, anything larger will result in clearance problems in the front when turning hard. I went back to Goodyear's after trying several other tires. Here in Louisiana, rain traction is a big issue, so I tend to steer away from exotic tires.

As already stated good 15" tires are getting harder to locate. Also be aware that tires have only a 10 year life, so check the date of manufacture on those dusty tires they pull out of the back. Any thing over 6 years old may fail on you before you get full use out of them. Something that few people know about is this limited life on tires, they can still have good tread, and look OK, but recent reports are coming out that these older tires can fail catastrophically without warning, due to belt failure. Possibly due to moisture migrating into the steel belts and rusting internally, Just think about where these tire are stored. Same problem you can have with punctures of new tires, the plug is not perfect fix, the broken strands of steel belts rubbing on the plug can cut into the plug, and damage the good rubber around it. So you may not get full life out of the tire.

Because of the limited availability of 15", I went to Ford 4 lug 16" rims on my '86 GT. Tire size is 245/50/R16

Erich

Reply to
eweinfur