Too much brake pressure

Page 2 of 2
And now a new twist when i call my local parts stores for a new booster they say there are several for my 79 1/2 ton surburban depending on the kb number (Brake system type). I think it was
kb5,6,or 7 just look on the label on the left door jamb. However for reasons i can't imagine someone has scaped this label off. There is no options label in the glove compartment either. I can see because of the vacuum line going to the check valve that it is a vacuum type booster. How do i find the info on the brake system type (Kb number)? I should have sated first that i took the check valve off with vacuum line in place and there is plenty of vacuum so i know the booster is the problem....On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 06:35:50 -0500 (CDT), The_Gear snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Steve Cook) wrote:

"DIONYSUS" wrote

The brake option codes are actually "jb" codes. If you no longer have your option code label, you will need to go to a dealership parts counter and see if they can come up with your brake option code based on the serial number of your truck. I can't be sure if this is possible for a 79 vintage truck, but I know it's quite possible on late model trucks. The other option would be to pull the booster and simply have it rebuilt at a qualified place. There are heavy duty shops that have the capabilities to rebuild these boosters.
Ian

/me guesses scrawny 5'11" 135lbs kj doesn't know his own strength
Finally i replaced the booster, and all is well! Sometimes the worst case scenario is the solution! Thanks for the helpfull suggestions to all who provided them...Don aka snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net On Sat, 25 Oct