Transmission in 95 Blazer S-10

How many miles do you think the transmission in this car will last before replacement or rebuild is needet? On a average basis?

Reply to
VLH

A lot depends on how you drive. For normal highway use it should outlast the vehicle. If you do a lot of street driving, it may shorten the life, but then that depends on how you treat it.. You don't mention if you have automatic or stick, but I will assume stick. A lot of 'extreme' down shifting is hard on it.. Not to say there is anything wrong with down shifting, but you should down shift through the gears much as you do when you up shift.

I have an '88 S-10 4WD with almost 200k miles on it with the original engine and drive train.. It had been seriously abused by previous owners (it shows it).. However the gear box, though noisy, still shifts fine and all the 4WD works as well. I don't plan on doing a thing to it until the 2.8L engine give out. Then I will replace both with a 2.8L long block and a junkyard transmision and new clutch..

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
Mike Levy

På Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:15:12 GMT, skrev VLH :

Automatic.

I guess quite normal driving.

Reply to
VLH

Mike;

Had a 96 K-1500 in here last month with a 4L60E with 345,945 on the ORIGINAL unit

some kind of record for us

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

Fluid fill up or a rebuild? If rebuild the usual or what?

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

I have 291,000 on my 92. I used to tow without a tranny cooler, but have since put one on. Still working fine. Starting to make a whine sound when shifting down, once in overdrive it stops.

Lannie

Reply to
LS

Lannie, OT for this thread. I got me a newer truck, got rid of the 94 Jimmy, now have a 2000 S-10 ZR2, blue. You were the one on here from the Saratoga, NY area, right?

Reply to
Mike Levy

No actually I'm from Winterset, Iowa. (south of Des Moines).

I really like the ZR2's. How's it treat>

Reply to
LS