'03 Blazer (S-10) transmission removal - HEEEEELLPPP!!! :(

Ok, the wonderful 4L60E in my friend's Blazer popped the other week, and we're trying to extract the thing for a rebuild. Oddly, I thought the rebuild was going to be the hard part, but right now, we can't figure out how to get this silly thing out. Our big sticking point is getting at the bolts holding the tranny to the engine - in fact, we can't get to the top two. We thought about lifting the body up, but that's gotta be bigtime hard plus something's bound to break in the process.

I've read you can do this by removing the Xfer case and tipping down the tranny, but has anyone actually ever done it in practice? We'd really like to get the poor thing out of there....

Anyone evr pull one of these things out and can give a few pointers?

thanks!

Reply to
Philip Nasadowski

Just follow those directions, drop the tailshaft end, use a looong extension preferably with a wobble socket on the end, and remove with (relative) ease. s

Reply to
sdlomi2