transmission in 95 s-10

the problem with my s-10?s trans is, it shifts from 1-2nd with no problem then with contionued acceleration th e RPM gage raises but it won?t shift. I tried putting it in second gear manually and it pulls and acelerates in that gear but when in drive it won?t shift pass 2nd gear

Reply to
truckman
3-4 clutches are gone

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

TranSurgeon

In the old days, I had a '76 Chrysler that did the same thing. All it needed was to have the filter changed and it was like brand new. Even though it had metal in the filter! It was clogged enough that it didn't let enough fluid through fast enough. Anyway, thats what I was told. And I was happy, didn't cost me much. He told me the filter and fluid should be replaced every

50 thou.
Reply to
D.Murphy