Transmission temps

2003 Silverado 2500hD, 4x4, auto, 366 ci engine. What are normal tranny temps??? I went on a trip yesterday, air temps in the high 80's, tranny temp stayed close
to 180 to 190. Normal??? What's the prob is there is one??? 36,600 mi
Hippy ~~~~~~~~~~
On Tue, 30 May 2006 04:41:39 -0400, Will it rain today?

There is no problem as 180 to 190 is quite normal and will not harm anything. Generally you want to see about 200 or less and at about 220 and above you want to let it cool some if you are pulling it hard. (gear down and slow down) When you start getting to 240 and above, you can do some damage even though it may not show itself right away. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com
============Will it rain today? wrote:

============ What Sno said, ditto.
and..... how do you KNOW it's 180-190 degrees? (jest curious)
~:~ MarshMonster ~pours a glass of mushroom tea for the hippy~ ~:~

pulling a 6x12 enclosed motorcycle trailer soon. Thanks guys...as always.!!
Will it rain today? wrote:

good deal
~:~ marsh ~:~
On Tue, 30 May 2006 04:41:39 -0400, Will it rain today?

Your temps are ok. I pull a 7k lb. travel trailer at interstate speeds and my temps rarely go over 200 f. Most times it stays around the temps you mention. In high desert, high alt. areas(summer) which I try to avoid, is when the temp goes a little over 200. MR