Transmission, Vaccum Leak or the sins of the father?

So I got the truck up and running. 93 chevy 1500 350 tbi. Rough idle and driving problems was EGR solenoid. Learned that after I replaced the fuel filtler, plug wires, and new fuel pump--ouch.

Anyhoo, my last problem is that when I drive, if I hit 2000 RPMs while pressing the throttle, the truck surges, the RPMs will go as high as

3500-4000 and the truck won't change gears. If I let off the throttle and hit it once or twice more, it eventually changes gears.

But if I keep it below 2000 RPMs, it changes from 1st to 2nd no problem. Also, the tachometer sort of bounces occasionally like it wants to get stuck in one position and the speedometer does the same thing occasionally.

The tranny was working fine before the engine blew two years ago. Truck's never been driven more than three miles since then.

Please make my day and tell me this isn't transmission related. If I have to go under that truck again for major repair work, I think I'm gonna stay there until the chassis drops on me and ends my miserbale luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

93 chevy 1500 Sorry, dad. I thought I fixed your truck.
Reply to
brianwrites

Well it is tranny related but I do not think it is bad or requires any serious work on it. 1993 was the change over year from the 700R4 to the 4L60E (which is just a electrically controlled 700R4) The 700R4 has a throttle position/detent cable that helps regulate shift points. You could have either tranny but since engine was out and then tranny acts up it make me believe it is a 700R4 with a detent cable not hooked up or out of adjustment.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan