Truck tailgate on Blazer?

Hey all...
I've located a company that *did* make half-cab conversion parts for Blazers. These pieces bolt on to add a rear window behind the driver
and block off the tailgate. I've contacted them and am awaiting a response to see if the parts are still available.
I'm curious if a tailgate from a mid-80's Chevy pickup would bolt into my Blazer. If I get the half-cab conversion done, I don't want rainwater and snow (and whatever else) getting inside the window opening of the tailgate. I'd rather just have a gate with a solid top.
Will this work or are the latches and hinges completely different? Would the best solution be to gut the window parts and weld a cap on top of my existing gate?
A truck tailgate would be nicer though...having the handle on the outside of the gate would be my preference.
Thanks, ~jp
Jon Pickens wrote:

Its been a while but I remember the tailgate hinges begin different. I think the truck tailgate hinges are on the sides where the blazers are under. The blazer tailgate also mates with the seals where the truck one doesn't. Maybe you can buy the outer skin of a truck tailgate from somewhere like jcwhitney or lmctruck and cover the top and back then put in a trucks handle.
Well if that's the case, then I suppose modifying a Blazer gate is the way to go.
I have an extra one that I bought for the electric window parts. I suppose I should gut it, have a cap welded on the top to seal it, then paint it.
I don't think it'd be worth the trouble to relocate the handle to the outside, although I suppose I could have the handle section cut out of a junkyard tailgate and welded in place. Still, that's an awful lot of work.
But thanks much for the info.
~jp
Could be wrong, but I think that mid 70s Blazers were available from the factory with a soft top only and those ones had a tailgate without glass. Probably real rare. Bob