truck cab fitting

Hi I recently bought a 2a truck cab for my 2a but.....its too long, the top fits the windscreen, the doors fit very well but the base is 2 inches back from the bulkhead where the seat backs sit, have I bought a lwb cab by mistake? or as my 2a has a lot of 2 bits on it is it a wierd vehical? please help.

Reply to
Tony

Truck cab is identical S2/2a/3 and LWB/SWB. Your problem is that there is an additional piece to fit the gap - p/n 346325. You should be able to find one second hand, I would think. JD

Reply to
JD

You need an adaptor rail 346325, approx 12 ukp

Reply to
Oily

On or around 17 Apr 2004 12:32:55 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@talk21.com (Tony) enlightened us thusly:

I think you'll find that's normal. The pictures in the old Haynes show a "cab mounting rail" which appears to fit across the back body just behind the bulkhead, with a support bracket underneath it.

you need to find one to look at.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Its a very simple thing. Its basically just a (mainly) flat length that rests across the top of the back bulkhead and on the sides of the tub. It has a few holes and cut outs in for seatbelts and stuff. I think it may be slightly bumpy so that it sits in place better.

You could easily make one yourself. In addition to the proper one i have, I also have a home made one which is just a length of U shaped metal which wedges in.

If anyone wants pictures to base their own on i can take them.

Reply to
Tom Woods

If I remember right, it's pretty simple, and it wouldn't be hard to make something that would fill the gap and look good.

Reply to
David G. Bell

Pictures wold be nice...

Reply to
Dag

On or around Wed, 21 Apr 2004 21:49:55 +0200, Dag enlightened us thusly:

I can do you a picture of the cab assembly from the old haynes, if you haven't got one.

If you have, it's on page 172 of OWM314, LR series II, IIA & III, 1958-1985,

4-cyl petrol.
Reply to
Austin Shackles