Hey Sandman you have good company

This was posted over in the NA$CAR newsgroup. Most of us remember what they did to sandman. Looks like he has some company. Dodge may make a good truck but their attitude sucks.

beekeep

Dodge fined Petty for driving a Chevy SCENEDAILY - FEBRUARY 15, 2006 - BY BOB POCKRASS - DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Kyle Petty did a favor for Richard Childress Racing and driver Kevin Harvick in 2004, and he paid $45,000 for it. Dodge fined Petty $45,000 when the veteran relieved Harvick in the Sharpie

500 at Bristol in August 2004. Harvick complained that he had lost feeling in his left arm and Petty, a Dodge driver, took over for Harvick in the RCR Chevrolet.

Petty, whose car was already out of the race, did not have permission from Dodge to drive the Chevy, and Dodge promptly fined him for breaching their contract. Dodge didn't announce the fine, but it was revealed in ***depositions released during their recently completed trial involving Bill Davis Racing.

"Initially it was a shock just because that's just a given in the sport - if a driver is down, everybody rallies and tries to help him out," Petty said Feb. 11. "Kevin was sick; Kevin felt bad, so I drove the car. "When I got a phone call and a legal letter that said I owed them $45,000, that was a little bit of a shock. But at the same time, they were exactly right. I have a contract to drive for Dodge."

Dodge Motorsports Director of Operations John Fernandez said Feb. 10 that he believed Petty's violation of their contract was inadvertent but that the manufacturer must protect the sanctity of its contracts. "That was definitely a violation of the contract, and I think we took appropriate action," Fernandez said. "If you know the history of the sport, 10 years ago, that would be acceptable. These days it is not acceptable."

Reply to
beekeep