Blazer '03 Tailgate Ajar Light - Dog

I have a S10 '03 Blazer 2 door. No place for my dog to get some air in the back so I've disconnected the cheap plastic latchs on the vent wing windows and inserted PVC pipe to hold them open, and insert a 2x4 in tailgate in hold it open.

Better ideas?

Any way to disable the "Door Ajar" warning light? I have "snapped" the latch by hand to turn it off - but this is a hassle, and the latch is "electrically" connect ed to the unlock circuit and I don't want to screw that up?

All this makes my dog happy, but It is a hassle closing the wing vents and living with the light - sure makes me wish I bought a 4 door, but didn't - would appreciate ideas..

Thanks, Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Klein