VAPOR LOCK PROBLEM.

I own a 1981 26 foot Winnebago motor home. This unit is built on a Chevrolet P30 workhorse chassis with a 454 cu in engine. I develop a vapor lock condition on long grades (4% to 6%). I also have a problem
on hot days on small steady grades. I presently run a Carter 4070 electric fuel pump in conjunction with a OEM manual fuel pump with a necessary return line for a fuel delivery system. Anyone have an idea how to correct my problem?
On 3 Oct 2006 08:54:14 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

Insulate the fuel line from tank to engine and it will cure you problem. Also a more aggressive setting on your clutchfan would also increase airflow through engine compartment and longer its tempatures and there fore reduce the heat conditionsthat are needed for vapor lock to happen. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
How do you know it is vapor lock, what happens here?

-
I agree with snowman. i had a vaporlock problem all the way to new Mexico and back fron California. finally camping in the austin baker nevada area and took the cover off and wrapped aluminum foil (thats all i had) around the gas line around the engine and climed from bishop to alpine up the steepest hills i had climed. no problem then or now,. old john