wandering steering

92 Blazer s-10 150,000 miles 4.3l vortec 4x4,I wonder if any of you guys can help,i`m having a hard time locating the part that i need to change to stop
my steering from wandering a bit,the manual says check the shock absorbers,burt they look and feel good,what else could i check? Thanks

--------
150,000....
Idler Arm, and Pitman Arm (Both easy to replace).
Ball joints.
U-joints on the steering column shaft.
HDS
"Crusader" wrote:

Im not entirely sure what could cause the problem. I would probably jack up the front end. Then, I would try to move the tires side to side to see if the linkage has worn out. Just a thought.

My 89 with 220,000 miles has a plain old loose steering gear. See if the wheel will move excessively w/o moving the steering linkage. That isolates it pretty fast.
Jeff
On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 20:49:45 -0500, jeff in Atl

I meant steering wheel there.
Jeff
Nothing found but a lack of lubrication,after the lube job,the wandering disappeared,thanks to all for the suggestions .
wrote:

can
stop