1985 2.8L Chevy s-10 blazer 4x2 swap 1989 4.3L 4x4

My problem is this, I have a 1985 Chevy s-10 Blazer 4X2 with a 2.8L engine and auto transmission, the transmission has failed.

A friend had a wrecked 1989 s-10 4X4 with a 4.3L engine an auto transmission. He gave me the transmission, transfer case, and drive shafts.

What do I still need to get my vehicle operational again? Cash is a factor. I can most likely get the engine minus the exhaust manifold.

Reply to
RaptorTech

The transmission will not bolt to the engine, the 2.8 had an odd ball bolt pattern for the bell housing, shared I belive with the 2,5 liter engine. The 4.3 used Chevy's standard bolt pattern , ie all the V-8's, the old straight 6 engines etc.. There are major differences in the front end between the 4x2 and 4x4 so again I dont think you can convert the 4x2 to a 4x4. The 4.3 engines mounts are in different places than the 2.8, and the exhaust manifolds are also different, as was the entire exhaust system. The 89 was fuel injected, and your 85 is a carb. There are carb manifolds for the 4.3, both 2 barrel and 4 barrel. The carb on the 2.8 wont feed the 4.3, it will starve it for fuel. that said, it may be possible to do some horse trading and swap the gear you have for what you need. Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

old straight 6 from 1962 and up 1961 & down years didnot use that pattern

Reply to
tom