ZR2 opinions needed

thinking of getting a 1999-2002 ZR2. are these fairly reliable & is there something special i should be checking for when i look at some? thanks......

Lee Jordan wrote:

I have a 2003 S-10 ZR2. It's had a lot of problems - 9 warranty repairs plus the starter ($700!) went out a month after the warranty expired. No problems with the 4x4 system, though.
The ZR2 option by itself should give you very little trouble. It's the rest of the truck that is mediocre.
--
Bill Gee

There are no 'X' chars in my email address.