Blazer ZR2 Noise

I have a 2000 Chevy Blazer ZR2 that I got off lease and has been a gread

4X4, and can not begine to say how great the 4x4 system is (also has auto 4x4). But the big problem that I have with the car is that the door panels and center consle rattel so much that it drives you nuts.

I am just wounder if this is a issue with the newer style Blazers, or just with the one that have the ZR2 package. I use to have a 94 Blazer that was wisper quite and never made any kind of noise at all. Before I got my ZR2 I did test drive 4 of them, and out of the 4, 3 made some type of noise.

So my question is is this normal and does anyone have any good susgestions on how to fix this issue or atleast make it better then it is now.

Reply to
Christopher Weston

Try greasing the door hinges. I know it sounds too easy but....

My dad's 2000 ZR2 pickup had a rattle in the door that drove him nuts. We tore the whole door apart looking for the rattle. We didn't find anything, and put everything back together. The rattle was still there. He decided to grease the hinges while we were at for some reason, and the rattle in the door went away.

I was test driving a 2002 S10 with a similar door rattle. I decided not to buy the truck (I couldn't bring myself to go back to an S10 after driving a full size truck), but before I took it back, I greased the hinge and fixed the rattle.

-NW

Reply to
NetWeasel

My '00 ZR2 Blazer was a rattle-trap too.

This is going to sound pretty dumb, but I was SO fed up with the noise I just couldn't take it anymore:

I took RTV sealer in the pressurized can, and sealed off EVERY seam in the panneling in the rear seat area of the truck, and along the pastic to metal contact area of the front door panels.

95% of the noises stopped...

-marc

Reply to
Marc Westerlind