abs light/brakes

My 96 acura's abs light is on and there is a noise from the front right corner where i believe the brake pump is.

My brakes go down ok, but if i slightly relase them a little and then press then them again they go down lower and eventually to the floor where they even dont work. i basically have to release the brake pad so that it goes all the way back up so that i can start over.

I was told it is the abs module, but im not sure if it is that or the abs brake pump.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

Mo

Reply to
Mo

The spongy pedal probably has nothing to do with the ABS light. When was the last time you changed the brake fluid? You should probably get your master cylinder replaced ASAP. Maybe you're also losing brake fluid from the reservoir? Check the carpet above the brake pedal to see if it's wet / smells of brake fluid. Is this a high-mileage vehicle?

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'