"Acura's new RDXoffers no surprises"

Acura's new RDXoffers no surprises at http://www.washingtontimes.com/autoweekend/20070607-013840-6562r.htm

The article title says "no surprises", but they spend 3 paragraphs talking about how the car's handling is way more fun than expected. Their bottom line is that you expect excellence from Acura and this car delivers, so "no surprises".

I test drove it and it's nothing special. Too small, too expensive, not enough oomph. Maybe the turbo wasn't working in mine because the power band seemed real close the RSX I had...you had to wind it up to get any power (like most Hondas).
I didn't push the handling, but I wouldn't get an SUV to drive up to the edge anyway.
Check out the Car & Driver website or last issue. The RDX is in there and it got some pretty good reviews. The 0-60 on this is 6.5 and the 1/4 mile time was 15.1 @91. A skidpad test of 84 and with S-AWD makes this a fun ute IMHO.
Ken
--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.

The RDX is a 4000 lb. SUV. It is NOT a sports car. Honda should reserve SHAWD for their sporty cars and not encourage agressive cornering in their SUVs. Idiot drivers are going to find themselves in a heap of trouble next winter.
Perhaps but they'll do it anyway. I haven't seen any Acura commercials showing the RDX. I hope they're not promoting it that way.
Ken
--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.