Battery Upgrade

2004 TSX
This may be a really stupid question, excuse me,
I want to replace the crappy factory battery I'm looking at Optima YellowTop (D35) (deep cycle)
http://www.optimabatteries.com/publish/optima/americas0/en/config/product_info/automotive/deep_cycle.html
I'm wondering: if these more "powerful" batteries will cause any damages to the modern delicate computer/electronic components ? --- you know like the reason you'd put surge protectors for your computers...
thanks

Why is it "crappy"? Is your car failing to start?
Are you ricing-out your stereo?

A deep-cycle battery is not really meant or needed for automotive application. They may be selling them for that, but you don't need one. Plus their power delivery is different and they're more expensive.
Deep-cycle batteries are really for marine and other applications where they may be expected to go without charging for long periods of time.
See Bill Darden's excellent Battery FAQ: http://www.uuhome.de/william.darden/carfaq7.htm#differences

No.
But they may prevent your starter from properly getting the current it needs to start your car.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Thanks for the reply.
"Tegger"

I do not have stereo mods.
I have read it many times and experienced it myself, the TSX factory battery (Panasonic) is really lousy, e.g. I was detailing interior with music/radio palying and a couple hours or so later the battery doesn't have enough juice to start the car.

I'm looking at this deep-cycle bat because: 1) I HATE idling the engine - Bad for enviornment, bad for car and waste gas. 2) I want to plug in a DVD player.