Gasket for oil drain plug?

2002 RSX.
Changed the oil recently, using the same mobil 1 5-20 I've always used. Now I've got a slow leak from the oil drain plug. I thought I checked
that washer style gasket that's on there, but maybe there's a problem I didn't see. Should I just replace it, or is there something better that can work there?
--
-----------------------------
I only talk like that in the movies

You need to replace it each time you do an oil change. Yes, there are those who say you can re-use the old one, but re-use isn't such a good idea when it leaks, is it? New ones are only 50 cents from the dealer.
You're making 100% certain both bolt and pan surfaces are 100% free of grit, and that you're tightening to /NO MORE THAN/ 33 ft/lbs?
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Actually, the K20A3 engine takes 33 ft/lbs, the K20A2 is 29 ft/lbs. So go conservative. A couple of pounds UNDER is way better than a couple of pounds OVER.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Tegger wrote:

---------------------------------
Whaddaya mean ? ? ?
Monkey Lube insists on at least 60+ ft/lbs to guarantee it won't fall out on bumpy roads.
Where you been? :-)

At the Psychic Wednesday seminar.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Yah about the torque thing. I'll replace the gasket. Thanks!
--
I only talk like that in the movies