Honda Brand Synth Oil

I was the Acura dealership today, and he showed me a quart of Honda Full Synthetic motor oil. Has anybody ever heard of this? And who makes it?

--
"What, me worry?" - Alfred E. Neuman

Venture Rider wrote:

In the US Exxon/Mobil had and may still have the contract for making the regular Honda branded oil, so perhaps they are supplying the synthetic as well.
I wouldn't pay any extra for it!
John
On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 04:10:13 GMT, John Horner said:

I know Mobil is the recommended oil for the new RDX, so perhaps they are making the Honda branded stuff too.
Actually, the dealership is only charging $10.50CAD a quart, which is a regular price around here for synth.
--
"What, me worry?" - Alfred E. Neuman

IIRC,Mobil One synthetic is only ~$4 USD/qt. at Wal-Mart,Orlando,Fl.
Hey,take a trip to DisneyWorld/Universal/SeaWorld,and stock up on your oil while you're here! (blatant tourist plug) B-)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Was there in '94 for our honeymoon. Did all that plus Cypress Gardens, which wife loved. Rained every night. Massive, black, stentorian thunderstorm our last night there.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

I recently paid $8.18/US qt Cdn for Mobil-1 5W-30 at a hardware store.
The fancy-dancy super-premium Mobil-1 0W-40 is about $9 per qt Cdn at NAPA.
By the way, I discovered that old cars with very high mileage don't like 0-weight very much, even if the other end says "40". Stuff's like water when hot. :(
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Hey,maybe you could mix 0W and 5W 50/50 to get 2.5W??? (for winter)
[half-serious...]
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik