Engine oil? synth are regular

I have a 99 GMC suburban k1500 with 84000 miles on it. I change the oil ever 3000 miles with vavaline 10/30.Then I switched to castral synth blend
10/30,but from what I understand this is not a real synthetic.Im thinking of going to mobil 1 now. My question is if I do go to mobil 1 should I continue changing it out every 3000 miles(This can get kinda expensive)are can it go longer. Are should I just stay with the regular oil?

ever
of
continue
go
with that enterval.

ever
of
continue
go
I have a '99 Chevy Silverado K1500 and I just changed over to mobil 1 synthetic at 90K miles I changed the oil and filter again at 91K miles and I'm going to do it again at 94K miles.. then start going every 4K miles.. But honestly, for awhile I'm going to watch it, if it looks like it's getting kinda nasty at around 3K i'll change it anyway..
Just what i'm gonna do..
oh, and maybe it's in my head, but I really do feel like my motor runs better on synthetic, acceleration just feels, smoother. I dunno..
Adair
I wouldn't go so far as to say that it isn't a "real" synthetic. Check out www.bobistheoilguy.com for the best oil forum around. Then you'll have a better understanding of the situation.
CJ

ever
of
continue
go
http://neptune.spacebears.com/cars/stories/oil-life.html

ever
of
continue
go
Thanks for every one's and the links that was provided. Im going to go with mobil 1 and 6000 miles for oil changes.

ever
of
continue
go
If I am not too late, you should take a little time to research AmsOil 100% Pure Synthetic Products. I believe you will find that M1 is a hybrid, not a pure synthetic, plus, independent lab reports that M1 does no perform as well as AmsOil. You will like the 25000/12mo oil changes, plus, if you are really sincere, install a dual-filtration system. Synthetic only needs to be changed as a result of contamination, it virtually NEVER breaks down. The cleaner it is kept, the longer it can stay in the crankcase. I have been using AmsOil products for over 30-years now, and have always been extremely satisfied.
If you want more information, email me or go to www.amsoil.com for more info. The results don't lie...check it out!
Mike

thinking
it
Amsoil is snake oil. They refuse to allow their oils to be certified, and sell their products in a mlm scheme. I've seen a number of dis-satisfied customers.
And to push amsoil by discrediting Mobil1? Unbelievable. Take a trip over to www.bobistheoilguy.com
CJ

oil
Bullshit, Amsoil is one of the best synthetics available. Amsoil is sold to dealers who then sell it to users, just like every other lubricant is sold that is not mlm it is standard business practice. Certified by whom, they have the first API rated synthetic, and all the oils I have used have the API ratings on them. http://www.amsoil.com/performancetests/sequence_3f.htm is one of the tests that is run. Notice the API CERTIFICATION...
Oh and in case you didn't notice AMSOIL is a supporter of Bobs site. And anything on there about Amsoil is positive, only bad thing is the price sometimes.
--
Steve Williams

"Christopher Brown" < snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net> wrote in message
Let me separate my thoughts into two groups.
1. I think 90% of Amsoil is hype. 2. The reason I pointed him to that site is that he can get the truth about Mobil 1 there, instead of being oil ignorant.
CJ

Christopher Brown wrote:

Just to throw in my 2 cents,
I switched my little S-10D from Rotella-T to Rotella Synthetic 5w40, and there was an immediate difference. My peekid little 2.2l diesel can now hold highway speed into a headwind in 5th gear, and my fuel mileage went from 26mpg to 28mpg. The only difference was the switch to the synthetic oil.
I am sold on synthetic oil, and have been for years.
Back in the bad old days I ran my 1987 Toyota Tercel 4WD wagon 77,000 miles with just 4 oil changes by using Mobil 1, and following Mobil's recomended regimen of changing the filter every 3000 miles, and changing the oil at 25,000 miles. At the time I sold the car it had no oil related failures, and in fact never had an oil related failure.
The car finally died when it popped a radiator hose, and the moron wife of the friend to whom I sold the car drove it across town with no coolant in it. Cracked the head and block.
AP
Interesting that you should mention Shell Rotella Synthetic. I use it in the summertime in my Duratec Taurus. It's perfectly acceptable as a gas engine oil, and WalMart sells it for $12 a gallon.
CJ

about

about
sued Castrol or someone because theirs wasnt real anymore and lost. Then Mobil did the same thing....? I found info on the suing part but none on what happened after.
Mobil 1 is a 100% synthetic. And you can go 25000 miles between oil changes. When Mobil 1 first came out, that was the recommended interval. Check out http://neptune.spacebears.com/cars/stories/oil-life.html for a real life study.

oil
Troy wrote:

OK, my question with Synthetic is: would you change an engine with high mileage to synthetic?? My 4.3 is at 180K, and I have been told this may not be a good move.
--
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does
not want merely because you think it would be good for him. -- Robert

Michael Rothwell wrote:

I switched a previous motor of mine (350 Chevy in an Impala) which had 200K+ (I say 200K+ because the odometer quit working around 185K). The motor was still so strong when the car fell apart that we took the motor out and sold the frame/body to a demo derby guy for parts. We opened the motor, and it still looks great on the inside, and we figure it had syth for 45k or so. That motor sits in the garage and evetually will make it into an early 80's LeMan's my dad has. The only risk of moving to synth is leakage. If your motor leaks currently, it'll leak worse with synth. With 180k on your motor, I'd flush the motor at oil change, and then only run your first batch of synth 1000 or so miles, as it'll clean enormous amounts of buildup out of the engine. When we switched the 350, the oil that poured out on the first change was dirty beyond my wildest expectations, as 1000 miles doesn't normally do much to the color of the oil.
Also, some people do use very extended intervals with synth oils. Myself, I stick to 5-6k on my oil changes.
Big Chris