Is it just me or is it impossible to get castle nuts anywhere other than the dealer?? 93 Integra

--B_3264307175_2150865 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit
Good day,
Perhaps one of you have had the same quest in the past and can offer guidance... I am looking for the castellated nuts for the lower and upper balljoints on a 1993 Acura Integra. I have searched high and low and can only find them included as part of the BJ kits. I dont want to go to the dealer because they want something like $8-$12 each which is unacceptable for me.
Please see the link below for the example of the lower nut I am looking for:
http://info.rockauto.com/BeckArnley/Detail.html?1013789.jpg
Heres the upper nut I am after
http://info.rockauto.com/Spicer/DetailRemote.html?www.brakeandchassis.com/im g/pics.cgi?partnoa5-3001,style=P01,branda80
Anyone??
Thanks, Andrew.
--B_3264307175_2150865 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding
<HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Is it just me or is it impossible to get castle nuts anywhere other than the dealer?? 93 Integra</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <FONT FACE="Verdana">Good day,<BR> <BR> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Perhaps one of you have had the same quest in the past and can offer guidance... &nbsp;I am looking for the castellated nuts for the lower and upper balljoints on a 1993 Acura Integra. &nbsp;I have searched high and low and can only find them included as part of the BJ kits. &nbsp;I don&#8217;t want to go to the dealer because they want something like $8-$12 each which is unacceptable for me.<BR> <BR> &nbsp;&nbsp;Please see the link below for the example of the lower nut I am looking for:<BR> <BR>
http://info.rockauto.com/BeckArnley/Detail.html?1013789.jpg <BR> <BR> <BR> Here&#8217;s the upper nut I am after&#8221;<BR> <BR> http://info.rockauto.com/Spicer/DetailRemote.html?www.brakeandchassis.com/img/pics.cgi?partno=615-3001,style=P01,brand=6180 <BR> <BR> Anyone??<BR> <BR> Thanks,<BR> Andrew.<BR> </FONT> </BODY> </HTML>
--B_3264307175_2150865--

McMaster-Carr is THE place for just about anything machine shop related:
http://www.mcmaster.com /
Search for 'castle nuts'
They have a range of sizes, materials, grades and finishes.
--
Dan.

That's exaclty what I needed. Thanks very much! Andrew.

Why are you replacing the nuts? Because they look old and nasty?

He probably rounded them off.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Close... I was lazy and here I am. Thanks. Andrew.
in article Xns994C59E9EC0C5tegger@207.14.116.130, Tegger at snipped-for-privacy@tegger.cm wrote on 6/11/07 8:51 AM:

I'm embarassed to tell you that one was lost and one was damaged. I'm usually much more carefull but recently Murphy and his damn laws have been getting the best of me. I have the front end fully rebuilt, torqued to spec, and running fine but...
One of the castle nuts is broken on the top and the other is stripped but was rethreaded. I figured while I am in there, I would satisfy my piece of mind and replace all of them (as well as keep extras on hand for future repairs).
Thanks. Andrew.
in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Dan Timberlake at snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote on 6/11/07 7:26 AM:

Is it just me or is it impossible to get castle nuts anywhere other than the
Good day,
Perhaps one of you have had the same quest in the past and can offer guidance... I am looking for the castellated nuts for the lower and upper balljoints on a 1993 Acura Integra. I have searched high and low and can only find them included as part of the BJ kits. I don't want to go to the dealer because they want something like $8-$12 each which is unacceptable for me.
Please see the link below for the example of the lower nut I am looking for:
http://info.rockauto.com/BeckArnley/Detail.html?1013789.jpg
Here's the upper nut I am after"
http://info.rockauto.com/Spicer/DetailRemote.html?www.brakeandchassis.com/img/pics.cgi?partnoa5-3001,style=P01,branda80
Anyone??
Thanks, Andrew.
============================================================== The last time I damaged a castle nut and had to replace it, I found it in the metric hardware at Ace hardware.
Mike
Fastenal, McMaster-Carr and Grainger are all companies which offer that sort of hardware. These days they are happy to take business from individuals, and one of more of them may have a retail office near you. Also, look in your yellow pages for fasteners, industrial. Most places have shops that carry this sort of thing. Sometimes you will get lucky at a hardware store, but often not when looking for metric stuff.