Not much activity here.......

I am only seeing a small number of messages on this newsgroup, maybe 20 in the last few months in total.
Is this newsgroup really as dead as it appears or am I missing a lot of
message traffic somehow?
Thanks for any feedback.

This newsgroup is as busy as all hell, at least 30 posts a day. There must be something wrong with your settings.
On 7/21/2011 7:16 PM, Dean Dark wrote:

You're kidding, right??

Damn. You caught me.
On 7/22/2011 1:57 PM, Dean Dark wrote:

I'm glad I got another reply confirming my observation, and did not waste a lot of time, as you suggested, checking my settings.
The Internet is certainly filled with idiots.......

I assume you're being self deprecating there?

There is very little traffic.
No replies.......guess this is a ghost town......
On 7/21/2011 7:14 PM, Smarty wrote:

Reliable cars generate low post counts.

It's pretty dead, as is much of Usenet these days. Too bad. At least it's not flooded with spam, like some other groups.
I haven't checked the group in two weeks on account of being on vacation. But I'm back now.
--
Tegger

On 8/1/2011 3:32 PM, Tegger wrote:

Thanks for your comment Tegger and welcome back. I recently purchased (May 2011) a new 2011 Acura RL and wanted to see where the community Acura of owners congregated on the Internet. This newsgroup certainly lacks a daily flow of traffic, whereas some others (like alt.home.repair) which I also frequent have hundreds of messages daily.
I would like to think that the lack of repair issues explains the low activity here......

I guess you could try the various Web-boards as well. There are many of those. I dislike them, myself.

That's a a very active group, with a blessedly low noise-factor.

Possible. Also possible is that most Acura owners aren't the sort to do their own work, so they're unlikely to need to search for information.
--
Tegger

On 8/2/2011 8:23 PM, Tegger wrote:

My situation exactly! I was hoping to find more activity nonetheless, but will check out the other Internet forums where Acura enthusiasts congregate.