PROBLEM W/88 ACURA INTEGRA

I have 1988 acura integra that won't start. It has 300,000 miles and probly needs a little work. It worked up until about 3 months ago. One of my friends says it sounds like it's not getting compression. It was borrowed
by this guy I know for about 6 months and I told him to replace timing belt and water pump.(back when it ran) The timing belt on it now looks new but could it be off time just enough to let it run for a while and then quit. Please help. It would be a god send.

Telling us the symptoms it has would be a great help towards getting advice on what to check.
"won't start" Does it crank or not crank,or no firing,no sputtering when cranking? Are you getting spark?
"it runs for awhile and then quits"?? Is that the problem? Could be fuel filter,fuel pump,a relay("main relay") that energizes the fuel pump,could be an ignition problem(igniter,coil).
Did it stop working after the guy changed the timing belt? (I doubt it's the timing belt)
Or before?
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Has anyone even bothered to do the basics? Like check for spark and fuel?
Do you hear the fuel pump run for two seconds when the key is first turned to ON (but not START)?
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
yes its getting fuel and there's gas in it. the spark plugs, wires, and starter are new.

Which still does not VERIFY that a spark is actually being generated,or that the fuel pressure is sufficient to run the engine.
New plugs and wires does not verify the coil,distributor cap/rotor,or igniter. (The igniter is a modern version of breaker points.)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

You should learn to turn your quoting on.
Try here, for a start: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/startproblems.html#top
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

But did you check to see if you're actually getting a spark at the ends of the plug wires?