Acura Integra 98

I had a few questions if someone could please help me out...

I just bought a used 98 Integra, I realize it?s used and has 59,000 miles but as I was driving it back home I heard something that sounded like a piece of metal grinding against the street as I drove. This didn?t last the whole time just when I was going slow or slowing down. At full speed I really didn?t hear it. Does anyone know what it could be?

I also heard some squeecky sounds from the brakes but dunno what that is eithier.

Reply to
Shadow

Shadow wrote in news:725584 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com:

Get the brakes looked at.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

My random guess is a shim came out of place on the one of the wheels and is etching itself into one of your rotors.. Just a random guess though..

__________________ Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with 'mail'.

Reply to
Barry S.

"" wrote: > Shadow wrote in > news:725584 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com: > > > I had a few questions if someone could please help me out... > > > > I just bought a used 98 Integra, I realize it?s used and has > 59,000 > > miles but as I was driving it back home I heard something > that sounded > > like a piece of metal grinding against the street as I > drove. This > > didn?t last the whole time just when I was going slow or > slowing down. > > At full speed I really didn?t hear it. Does anyone know > what it could > > be? > > > > I also heard some squeecky sounds from the brakes but dunno > what that > > is eithier. > > > > > > Get the brakes looked at. > > > -- > TeGGeR® > > The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ >

Yeah I had the whole car checked out and the guy said everything looked good. He said just to get the tires balanced which I doubt could be making that noise. Also sometims when I drive over rougher streets the car feels like it?s loose like the front tires are loose or something. Dunno but its fine on normal streets just the rough ones. someone said it could be the shocks not sure though

Reply to
Shadow

"Shadow" wrote: > I had a few questions if someone could please help me out... > > I just bought a used 98 Integra, I realize it's used and has > 59,000 miles but as I was driving it back home I heard > something that sounded like a piece of metal grinding against > the street as I drove. This didn't last the whole time just > when I was going slow or slowing down. At full speed I really > didn't hear it. Does anyone know what it could be? > > I also heard some squeecky sounds from the brakes but dunno > what that is eithier.

Someone said the noise could be from the exhaust shield that is vibrating or the plate. Does this make any sense to anyone else?

It also seems like the front part of the car is loose sometimes on gravel roads kinda like its shaking but on regular fine roads it?s fine. Could that be the shocks? a tie rod?

Any info is great. I am trying to get my tires equally weighted soon too. Hopefully that will help.

Reply to
Shadow

Something else to check - With my wife's car (same model), the rearmost exhaust hanger sometimes gets hung up, so that there's metal-to-metal contact between the hook on the pipe and the frame. This can give you a grinding-type sound.

Reply to
rowesouth