RSX Engine Warning Light On After Engine Stall

Hi,
My daughter's engine warning light came on after she stalled the engine. It has been over a week and it is still on. Is this normal? Does it require attention? She has a 2003 RSX
S-Type, manual 6 speed.
Thanks, Gary
says...

If the check engine light is on it should have set a code. Have the code read out to see what the error problem is. Many Auto Parts stores will do it for free.
--
I. Care

It's probably a transient set by the stall.
Pull the 15A ECM fuse. It's fuse #17, the end one of the group of three right at the very back or the very front (I forget which) of the under- hood fuse box. Wait 30 seconds then put it back.
This will clear any DTC's and turn the light off.
If the light subsequently turns back on again, then you need to get the error code read by somebody with an OBD-II scanner.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Only 30 seconds? Shouldn't it take longer than that,like maybe 10 minutes or more? Perhaps you meant 30 minutes instead of 30 seconds?
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

OK, thirty minutes then. Won't hurt anything.
Seriously though, I doubt Honda is using caps with a 30-minute persistence.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Coincidence. There's no connection between the stall and the oxygen sensor.
I'll bet it was a O2 sensor heater code. That's the most common type.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Aren't RSX's new enough that the O2 sensor would be covered under warranty? Like the emissions warranty?
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Not for an oxygen sensor.
O2 sensors are covered under the automaker's routine powertrain warranty, which for Honda is 3/36. And this car is an '03.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

seems that an O2 sensor would affect emissions,thus be under it's longer warranty. Ah,well.....
thanks anyways!
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

See here: http://www.epa.gov/obd/warranties.htm
Most parts carry a 2/24 federal warranty unless the automaker warrants them for longer.
The cat and ECU/OBD carry an 8/80 federal warranty.
Oxygen sensors are covered under Honda's normal powertrain warranty, which I'm pretty sure is 3/36 for the OP.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Nope. Wish it was. I just had to replace mine - no coverage at 5+ years and over 60k miles. I only had to pay 440$ for mine though - such a bargain!
--
-----------------------------
I only talk like that in the movies

+ $100 to read the OBD + Massachusetts + Boston + an Acura Dealer

Read the OBD for FREE at AutoZone. Try it.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

I also don't know why an OEM O2 sensor would cost even $200.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Dealer markup is about 60%. This means approximately $120 wholesale price. OEM is likely made to higher standards than aftermarket offerings, accounting for any other difference in price.
Honda has been fanatically "green" since the early '70s. They put LOTS of money into emissions components, and buy the best from their suppliers.
OEM Honda cats are of wildly excellent quality, which is partially why they cost a thousand dollars new and last the life of the car when cared for.