Starting problem

Is it possible or even probable that a corroded ground wire would cause the solenoid to just click?
It has been sporatic lately, and I noticed that the ground was
seriously funky. Just wondering if that was my problem.
dave wrote:

===================================== You guessed it. All four connections of the battery cables have to be good since it's a series circuit. When there's a loose or corroded ground wire the current can't flow. Boosting sometimes circumvents the problem because the booster cables are often connected to a ground point rather than the battery cable.
'Curly'

http://www.nationsautoelectric.com/Nippondenso.html
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

It took me far longer to break loose the lower starter bolt than to replace the solenoid contacts(tight workspace). I have not had any problems with the starter since. 94 Integra GSR.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
I didn't want to hear that. ;-) The thing is a bugger to get to as it is. Jim Yanik wrote:

Well,I already had a cold air intake,so I didn't have to remove the air filter box for access.All I could fit in there was a 3/8" breaker bar,but not much room for pushing on it! After a whole lot of cursing and stomping,it broke loose;turns out the lower bolt had some really long threads and was frozen into the aluminum block.You might want to use some anti-sieze when reinstalling it.
also,maybe some PB Blaster penetrating oil would help unfreeze it.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik